1. Johnny Cash, Man in Black
. “I wear the black for the poor and the beaten down, Livin' in the hopeless, hungry side of town, I wear it for the prisoner who has long paid for his crime, But is there because he's a victim of the times.”
Is there any more of a left-wing sentiment than caring for your fellow man?
2. Willie Nelson, Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys. “Mama don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys, Don't let 'em pick guitars and drive them old truck’s, Make 'em be doctors and lawyers and such.”
Education has always been priority #1 on any Lefties’ agenda.
3. The Dixie Chicks, Not Ready To Make Nice.
Everyone knows they story behind this one. “I'm not ready to make nice, I'm not ready to back down, I'm still mad as hell and I don't have time to go round and round and round.”
A song for all of us that have been made to feel as if we’re wrong for having a different point of view.
4. Shania Twain, She's Just Not A Pretty Face.
She's a geologist--a romance novelist
She is a mother of three
She is a soldier--she is a wife
She is a surgeon--she'll save your life
Wonder what Brush Lintball has to say about that? Bet ya he'd say she's a man hater.
5. Kris Kristofferson, Broken Freedom Song. “Got a song about a soldier, ridin' somewhere on a train, empty sleeve pinned to his shoulder, and some pills to ease the pain.”
Go ahead; keep under funding the VA my Republican friends. Do it in the name of Conservative “smaller government governs best” That's a values vote.
6. Waylon Jennings, Lukenbach Texas.
"In your high socitey you cry all day
We've been so busy keepin' up with the Jones
Four car garage and we're still building on
Maby it's time we got back to the basics of love"
Wonder what Ol' Waylon would say about Bush's "Ownership Society."
7. Merle Haggard, Fix America First. “Let’s get back on track, Let’s get out of Iraq, And rebuild America first,”
8. K. D. Lang, Constant Craving.
Long before Hollywood had Ellen, Country had K. D. Lang.
9. John Denver, Sunshine on My Shoulders.
Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high
Sounds like some damned dirty hippie to me. Singing about alternative energy and such.
10. Hank Williams Sr.,Your Cheating Heart.
Your cheating heart will make you weep
You’ll cry and cry and try to sleep
But sleep won’t come the whole night through
Your cheating heart will tell on you
Special dedication to Tom Noe and Ken Blackwell.
-Stay tuned for the next ten... (H/T) His Rudeness