Making Conservatives Cringe Since 1977

I'm not Liberal, I'm paying attention.

28 August 2005

 

Introduction

I figured that before I went on any further with this site I should come up with some kind of game plan for what I want to accomplish. I think the first order of business would be to give you a little of my background. I was born and raised in Central New York, in a town called Locke, just south of Moravia, which is in turn a few miles south of Owasco Lake. After finally graduating high school I enlisted in the Army as a 14T, Patriot Missile Crewmember. I've been stationed around the world in such places as South Korea, Germany, Kuwait, Texas, and Jordan. I am currently serving with the New York State Army National Guard. Although I'd been going to school on and off for the last year or so since I left the Army, I am now on fulltime active duty in support of Task Force Empire Shield. Lulled in to a false sense of security during the Clinton years, I did not become politically active until the last election cycle. In the last year I've attended the protest march at the RNC and a lecture by Michael Moore at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. While in school I decided to switch majors from Audio/Radio production to Liberal Arts/Humanities with a English and Writing concentration. My goal is to attend Syracuse's Newhouse school of Public Communication after I receive my associates from Cayuga Community College (4.0 last semester BTW). The majors I am considering are either political science or journalism. Since I am on hiatus from gettin'n my book learn'n, I've decided to take up blogging to remain sharp and expand my skills. I'm taking a measured approach and plan to steadily progress to my own domain.
I started blogging about two months ago on spaces.msn.com. It is perfect for the complete novice. Everything is already set up for you, just plug in what you want. The Photo Album and built in Stats container are definitely the highpoints at MSN. Everything else begins to wear at you after a while. Limited backgrounds, corporate censorship, and a thousand lost posts are the negatives that stick out most. So far here at blogger.com I am impressed. I am also a little intimidated, being just about completely lost when it comes to HTML. I have managed to get some links up, and even added some advertisements for what I'm sure will be a healthy source of revenue (I'm not quitting my day job).
That, I hope, is enough of an introduction. I plan to post a longer essay style entry every weekend, and for the weekdays a political piece here or there. In addition I'm going to branch out into an album review or two along with local news, politics, and current events. I hope you'll come back and post a comment (maybe even bookmark me), till then, "If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

|



<< Home

Archives

August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?