Making Conservatives Cringe Since 1977

I'm not Liberal, I'm paying attention.

15 October 2005

 

Pre-register for your swift boating now!

Vet of the Week

Posted by Susie in War Stories (October 15, 2005 at 8:40 am)

Via Operation Truth:

(Daniel Goetz is currently serving in Samarra, Iraq. Read his blog here.)

Seven months ago, my service in the army was to have terminated. Instead, I am in Iraq for the second time. I sit next to a DOD contractor whose job is identical to mine. Except he makes $120,000 more, works four hours less, and visits home four times more often than I do.

I am not alone in my anger and humiliation. When we were here in 2003, there was anger, but there is a difference between anger and bitter hatred. The atmosphere of discontent is thick and contagious. Even soldiers not stop-lossed feel The Betrayal. They know it might be them next time. Dissent will not change anything for us now because our voices are muted. Still, there is hope. It is that in twenty years, it will be these men and women in office. Perhaps, that alone should make me feel better. I don’t think it is enough, though, for our wounded and fallen. I can’t speak for them, of course. Not yet, at least.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this post with one comment to it, and it was right on target:

No, Daniel, in twenty years “these men and women” won’t be in office. It’ll be the men and women who didn’t go, and they’ll slime those who did as traitors. If they live, of course…


|



<< Home

Archives

August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?